This is Mrs White. She is a primary school teacher. She teaches
English, Maths and Geography. At the moment, she is teaching
Maths. She lives in London and is married to Georges, who is
French. They have three children. They all love animals, but
they don’t have any pets because they live in an apartment. Mrs
White speaks French as well as English, but she doesn’t teach it.
Mrs White’s niece Sophie is staying with the Whites for a few
days. Sophie lives and studies in Liverpool, but she is enjoying
her mid-term break in London at the moment. She is planning to
do some serious shopping and sightseeing.
Mrs White’s son Arnold doesn’t like shopping, but he loves
hanging out with friends. They usually go to the local park
where they play football or basketball. Today, however, Arnold
isn’t playing football or basketball, he is skateboarding.
Mr White works for a multinational company. He isn’t working
today, however, because he doesn’t feel well. He phoned in sick.
Present Simple 3
negative and questions
1.Write the 3
person singular of the verbs:
3. I kiss - he kisses
4. I fly - he flies
5. I watch - he watches
6. I enjoy - he enjoyes
7. I talk - he talks
8. I go - he goes
9. I teach - he teaches
10.I buy - she buys
11.I finish - she finishes
12.I cry - she cries
2. Use the verbs in brackets to complete the sentences, as
in the axample:
1. I live in Edinburgh.
2. He does his homework every evening.
3. She is a teacher. She works at primary school.
4. “ Are you a singer “ “No, I’m a pilot. I fly aeroplanes.
5. Joan washes her hair every day.
6. The museum closes at seven in the evening.
7. Daniel brushes his teeth every morning.
8. She studies Science at university.
9. Every Saturday, Paul gives his dog a bath.
10.In the mornings, Betty takes her sister to school.
11.We go to the swimming pool at the weekend.
12.John and Mary have a cup of tea in the afternoon.
3. Use the prompts to write sentences, as in the example:
1. He works on the computer every day.
2. Susana does her laundry at the weekend.
3. My friends and I go fishing at the weekend.
4. He reads the newspaper every morning.
5. Sharon exercises in the morning.
6. They eat dinner at 7:30.
1. Tom lives in England -> Does Tom live in England ? Tom
doesn’t live in England.
2. Mr Simpson teaches Chemistry -> Does Mr Simpson teach
Chemistry ? Mr Simpson doesn’t teach Chemistry.
3. You like playing computer games -> Do you like playing
computer games ? You don’t like playing computer games.
4. John and Sue work in a cafe -> Do they work in a cafe ?
They don’t work in a cafe.
5. We do the shopping on Saturdays -> Do we the shopping on
Saturdays ? We don’t the shopping on Saturdays.
6. The baby cries all the time -> Does the baby cry all the time ?
The baby doesn’t cry all the time.
5. Fill in do/don’t/doesn’t.
1. Sam speaks french, but he doesn’t speak Russian.
2. Ann doesn’t like jazz music but she likes pop music.
3. “Does she play the saxophone?” “No, she doesn’t “
4. Where do you work ?
5. He doesn’t go to school on Sunday.
6. What do you have for dinner?
6.Match the questions to the answers.
1. What time does she get up ? -> C.She gets up at 7:00.
2. How does she go to school ? -> B.She walks to school.
3. Does she have breakfast every day ? -> D.No, she doesn’t.
4. What does she do in the afternoon ? -> E.She does her
5. When does she go to bed ? -> A.She goes to bed at 10:00.
A.Where does Santa Claus live ? -> He lives at the North Pole.
B.What animals pull Santa’s sleigh ? -> Eight reindeer pull
C.How does Santa enter a house ? -> He stops at each house
where there are good children and slides down the chimney.
D.Who helps Santa make toys ? -> Elves helps Santa make toys.
E.Where does Santa put presents ? -> He puts presents under the