Apply 3-5 drops of Lemon, Grapefruit, Cypress, or Aroma-Touch with FCO and massage into hands, feet & ankles.
3-5 drops of Grapefruit, Lemon and/or Lime into every glass of water (3-4quarts a day)
Elevate legs 3” above heart
In the event of Miscarriage
Apply Clary Sage to lower abdominal area to promote uterine contractions and assist in passing remaining tissue
Apply Deep Blue Blend, or a combination of Lavender and White Fir to abdomen for pain relief Continue application of blend of Clary Sage, Geranium and Lavender to balance both physical and emotional needs
Best Choice Oils for Labor
Balance – Apply to feet to help instill confidence throughout the labor process.
Serenity Blend or Elevation – Reduces anxiety, stimulates circulation, calming or gives energy, whichever is needed.
Deep Blue, Past-Tense, Peppermint or White Fir to ease pain from back labor
Recipe once Labor has started : Massage on inside of ankles, lower stomach & low back for nausea and muscle pain.
15 drops carrier oil plus
5 drops Ylang Ylang
4 drops Helichrysum
2 drops DigestZen
2 drops Peppermint
2 drops Clary Sage
For Perineal support:
Helichrysum to create lubricant oil for crowning.
Mix 20 drops with 2 Tbs. FCO and apply all over perineum area.
Helps to stretch tissue while minimizing swelling, and avoiding tears.
Drops of Lavender in a bath or apply Peppermint on the temples, forehead & behind head to help lower a fever.
Diffuse a few drops of Melaleuca or Cypress to help quell flu symptoms
Diffuse Breathe or Eucalyptus at night to help ease congestion
Apply a few drops of Peppermint, Frankincense, Wintergreen and PastTense Roll-On on forehead, temples and at base of brain stem and massage in.
For migraines, steam inhale a few drops of Lavender, Frankincense or Peppermint or combine all 3 in equal parts and apply topically to key areas
Just a few of the oils that are sitting here on my nightstand and why: • Frankincense -diffused for beautiful calming & connection & neat applied to any skin issue including prevention of infection on developing belly button.
• Myrrh- dropped a few drops into belly button site to help with drying & encourage healthy & faster breaking away of umbilical cord)
• Deep Blue Rub- neat to belly to ease afterbirth pains
• White Fir & Lavender- neat to belly to ease afterbirth pains (after a few hours, switched to this)
• Eucalyptus- a drop on baby's feet to clear up congestion in lungs (lots at birth, nothing at 24 hr check with just a few drops applied)
• Balance- soothing to even the most sensitive spots (like hemmorroids)
• Lemon & Geranium and/or Zendocrine- on baby's feet to help the liver get going and avoid jaundice.
• On Guard- diffused when visiting family members came down with the flu while visiting our newborn:)
• DigestZen- to keep things regular
• Sandalwood & Frac. Coconut Oil (with occasional Helichrysum)- to ease into breastfeeding.
• Citrus Bliss & Lavender & Frac. Coconut Oil- to promote healing and keep breastfeeding joyful.
• Solace- apply to back of neck to help hormones adjust & get into balance
• Rose- behind my ears to prepare for birth
Here's to amazingly peaceful births!
Information found here is for educational purposes only and refers solely to products from doTERRA®. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. We urge you to do the health related research necessary to learn what is right for you. dōTERRA® uses only Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade oils, (CPTG™). Synthetic, "extended", perfume grade and other poor quality oils may contain unknown harmful additives. U.S. labeling for essential oils is governed by the Perfume Act, allowing labels to say "100%"pure essential oil" and by law contain any grade oils and unidentified extenders.